For a long time, now, I have struggled with getting around to changing the file size that WordPress allows you to upload – or, rather, that your php-server allows you to upload. There are so many howto-posts and videos out there, but for some reason nothing has seemed to work. Not until now. Today I found a site with the relevant help (for my server to react, anyway), so I am posting the link here for anyone who might be encountering similar difficulties. Good luck!
Maximum File Size for Uploads In WordPress 2.5, 1and1 Web Hosting
A couple of plugins for wordpress, that will allow you to have a tweet button displayed on your posts, have been released.
You can read more about it HERE.
Twitter has launched the Tweet button which can be installed on any website, including on WordPress. You will find a Twitter button in the right side of this site.
For more info, check out Twitter.com
Also – I’ve installed the plugin “Tweetly Updater” for WordPress, which allows me to automatically get my new posts in WordPress sent over to my Twitter feed. For all WordPress users – go check it out!
I have just moved my site from one web hotel to another. Quite an endeavor, since I practically know nothing about sql databases. It caused me just a little headache for a few days, but as of today, the site is back up and running, just like before!
Jeg har just flyttet mit site fra et web hotel til et nyt. Lidt af en bedrift, eftersom jeg faktisk ikke ved noget om sql databaser. Det gav lidt hovedpine i et par dage, men fra og med i dag, er sitet oppe at køre igen, ligesom før!
Not too long ago I made a demo “radio show” for my students in the school where I work and teach about media. The show is in Danish. You can hear the result here.
Links to the music featured in this show:
Everything is mixed in GarageBand. Alternatively you may want to use the open source application Audacity.
There are so many good reasons for using Firefox, I think (get it in Danish or in Serbian). One being the ability to install add-ons, plugins and themes at will, adding functionality and appearance to your browser. I’ve made a list of my own favorite add-ons (and one single theme that I use), which I’ll post here:
- Boox (adds functionality to your bookmarks)
- Cooliris 1.11.6a (changes the way you browse media)
- DictionaryFox 0.11 (looks up words in your dictionary on Mac)
- Download Manager Tweak 0.8.6 (gives you more control over your downloads)
- DownloadHelper 4.6.5 (lets you download embedded media from pages)
- Easy Youtube Video Downloader 2.1 (lets you do what it says)
- FireFTP 1.0.7 (gives you ftp access in your browser)
- FireFTP button 1.1.1d (lets you launch FireFTP from your toolbar)
- Firefox PDF Plugin for Mac OS X 1.1.2 (for viewing pdf-files in your browser on Mac)
- Flagfox 3.3.19 (lets you see where the current page is located)
- Friendbar 4.0.3 (shows you updates from Facebook and Twitter)
- Go Parent Folder 2.1 (lets you move up one level when handling bookmarks)
- History Submenus 1.04 (adds extra functionality to your history)
- ImTranslator 3.2.9 (gives easy access to Google Translate-like features)
- ScrapBook 1.3.6 (lets you freeze and save any given page)
- Show Parent Folder 1.6 (shows you previous level when handling bookmarks)
- GrApple Yummy 2.0.5 (adds Safari look to your browser)
The add-ons and themes can be found at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox
I just tried importing all my posts from the blog “Gideon’s Skriblerier” over at blogger.com. It all went well! Even images were brought into this blog. However, the titles of the blogposts, some of which were in Danish, seemed very strange. The Northern Germanic letters æ, ø and å were not visible in the title. There simply just wasn’t anything there. The author of the theme (which I like very much, by the way, thank you) has been given a notice.
I think I might end up getting all impressed by this WordPress. I haven’t really felt like plunging into it until now, where I had to. But it sure seems mighty fine… The site is taking shape!
For some reason I cannot seem to make the Media Library work… What is that all about?!
WordPress is running and the theme has been updated. Here we go now, then…